Saturday, July 10, 2010

It is those we live with and love and should know...

You were the person that lit me up.

Photobucket

I shared the big moments of my life with you.

Photobucket


You made even the blurry pictures worth keeping.


Photobucket



With you I took joy in the little adventures.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rainy days didn't matter.

Photobucket

Waking with the sun was worth it.

Photobucket

You were the only person that I felt ok playing games with, even though we were both too old for them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


This trip ended with the beginning of a distance between us, the gradual realization that we had nothing left to talk about.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I look back on it with a deep feeling of hurt that I know will never truly go away.
The silent drive across the Rockies should have been my big clue that it was over. I wonder if I'd realized it then, if I could have spared myself a lot of pain.

At the beginning of the summer, a few years later, I told myself it would be the best summer yet. We would see each other every week. We would find new adventures. We would get back what we had been missing since I had to go away.

We had our first argument that summer. It was our last. You never spoke to me again, not even to say goodbye.

I hope you never know how much you hurt me.

I hope you know that I am better off without you now.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment