Saturday, March 6, 2010

Anybody know a good deal on a tv?

So, I've finally reached that point where I sit down and ask 'why me?'

My slumlord of a landlady in Victoria steals my money, Kodi suddenly needs $2000 dental surgery, my new apartment came complete with bedbugs, my new puppy came complete with mange, my new job is proving to be almost more trouble than the pay check is worth, and tonight, as I sat down to watch my favourite tape (yes, a vhs) my tv broke.

I pushed the tape in, went to the kitchen for a glass of milk and returned to find my screen had gone blank, so I hit play. Nothing happened. I hit rewind, the built in vcr of my little 13 inch tv whirred to life, made a horribly sound, and the tv turned off. I turned the tv back on, and hit the stop button. The vcr continued to make that terrible sound and the tv snapped off again. I turned it on to try to eject the tape, just the same sound and off went the tv.

I tried to manually force the tape from the machine. Then, when nothing else worked, I opened the tv up and removed the vcr from it, extricating my beloved tape. But now the tv won't turn on. And so, I am left without one of the few luxuries in my life.
Goodbye Judge Judy, until we meet again.

Photobucket

fml

No comments:

Post a Comment