Saturday, October 10, 2009

Blackberries and downfalls of island life - Sept 12, 2009

At the back of the park is a place I call the trailer graveyard. This, I have decided, is where all old camper trailers go to die. There are two treasures in this part of the park:

First, this bus. Though, I don’t think it has made the run to Calgary for a very long time.



Second: Blackberry bushes!



I thought this was great. A source of free food. So I set out early the next morning with a mind to pick as many of these little berries as I could.

Unfortunately, the blackberry bushes happen to be home to spiders the size of dump trucks! I returned home with several empty containers and a fair case of the willies. I am afraid there are no pictures of these giant man eating eight legged creatures because I was too busy running in the opposite direction as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment