Monday, April 26, 2010

Moved, address unknown

So, I keep getting mail from the previous tenants.
I agreed, for the first little while, to take the mail to a neighbour, who would then forward it to the previous tenants who now live in India.
I assumed this was just for the first month or so until they got all their address changes done etc.
Only, the mail never stopped. And it kept coming from the same places, which meant that they weren't changing their address with these places, they were just continuing to expect me to go down the block every week to deliver their mail. It's been nearly 3 months and they get at least one letter of some kind every day. Important stuff too, from the government. So I finally left a note with my last delivery informing the neighbours that I would no longer be accepting their friend's mail and that they need to get their address changed. When the next letter arrived I wrote in bright orange sharpie on the envelope "Moved, address unknown" then, since I was going to the mail box anyway, dropped it in the mail (I'd learned from previous attempts that if you leave mail in your box to be picked up by the mail carrier it just doesn't happen in lethbridge) and went on my merry way.

Today I checked my mail, and pulled out an envelope that said, in bright orange sharpie "Moved, address unknown"

WTF?

Go away mail!

I don't want you!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment