Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Spoke too soon?

Sometimes I jump the gun.
I thought this was over. I thought I'd ended it on a slightly losing note.

I got a reply from the landlady.

I mentioned the BC Tenancy Act or whatever the BC equivalent to Alberta's is called, just sort of in passing, suggesting that they have a read through that next time they rent out a property.

Apparently she contacted them herself. I'm not sure what she was expecting to come from it, but they told her she has to pay me my $100 back.

She'd told me she can't do that until April, because her husband signs the checks and he won't be around until April. Again, I take this to mean that she is putting it off in the hopes that she can forget to send me the check, same way she forgot to send me the money she owed for the wiring repair on the electric bathtub. We'll see come April.

She tried to guilt trip me too. Saying I got off real cheap (for $200 more a month I could have lived in a basement! That would have be great) but I decided not to get petty and point out all the things that went wrong, like the fact they never skirted in the trailer as promised, or the grief with the electric tub, or the fact that the propane cylinder they gave me was nearly empty before I even got it, or the water lines not being insulated so they froze, or the heater being too much for the power grid to handle, or that one of the four plates they gave me was broken, and the coffee mugs all leaked out the bottom.

I didn't mention any of that stuff.

Like I said, we'll see come April. Ideally, it will fund my trip back to the Island to see Galen. In the meantime, I recall that it could be worse. Check out Gary: Landlord of the Flies over here at stranger than eviction now there's a landlord I wouldn't want to have to deal with. Warning, Gary's language is not child safe. It's also not very good grammatically.

In other news... oh what was it... never mind.

Where's my puppy?

No comments:

Post a Comment