Monday, December 7, 2009

Fras

Fras is a new word I learned today.

It means bug poop.

After sleeping for two days straight I am now making my attempt at being a tourist. Today I slept until noon, then I went to the Royal BC museum and was there until, oh... 4 ish. I recall having gone to the museum in the summer with my family about six years ago, but it was a completely different experience this time around because the place was nearly entirely empty. It made the totem gallery pleasantly eerie and the cave dance mask exhibit was truly chilling. I managed to enjoy both before the school tour group arrived. I escaped then to the empty century hall, where the old town recreation was decorated for Christmas.

After the museum I went to the bug zoo, where I held a giant millipede, some stick bugs, some leaf bugs, a preying mantis, some wicked huge grasshoppers, and I touched (ready for this mom and dad?) I touched a tarantula! Of course I wanted to cry while doing so... but I did it, and I'm still alive. Nightmares may occur this evening though. And despite what the tour guide suggested, no, I don't agree that it felt like a kitten. This is where I learned about bug poop.

Then I went back to the inner harbour, where I'd parked my car for the afternoon, and looked at the lights on the boats and the parliament building.

Pictures of these adventures are on the way. I'm just too tired to upload them right now.

Oh yeah. I passed.

yours truly,
Raven the transformer, raven the trickster, raven the bringer of light to this world
Monika

No comments:

Post a Comment