Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Tree 4.0

Versions 1-3 met with an unpleasant demise.

Version one got knocked over by puppy playtime. Version two fell apart when I tried to move it so that playtime could be had without mishap, and version three, the most spectacular disaster of all, was knocked over because Badger is afraid of the sound of food cooking in the frying pan. He took refuge under the tree, and knocked it over in his mad dash to a new hiding place behind the couch.

Border collies.

Version 4.0 is now well documented and tied to the ceiling with spider line. Should it be knocked over, everything is being packed up until next year.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm missing Victoria horribly this Christmas. I had such a great time last year wandering downtown, visiting the christmas light displays at the gardens, spedning a day with Galen and Stephanie, and then a run up to my aunt's house in Parksville was a huge highlight. Then back to Alberta in time for the actual holiday. Wish I could do it all again. I miss everyone and everything so much.

.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree, everything is so very shiny & festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and this year I got to decorate it MY way!
    It was wonderful. Not that I don't have fond memories of the family Christmas tree... but some years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great :o) Someday I'll tell you about Willard's first Christmas where he ate light bulbs off the tree..... Merry Xmas to all!!!

    kim & the Pack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kodi ate one light once. And it wasn't even his first Christmas, it was like he'd been plotting it for years.
    We're getting things cleaned up for our birthday/Christmas pictures today. So convenient that my boys share a birthday week.
    Merry Christmas Kim and dogs, and cat, and snake, and rabbits, and I'll add mice just in case you still have them inside living the cushy life.

    ReplyDelete