Thursday, September 2, 2010

There is no light!

I broke my lamp.

I broke it yesterday while moving it so that I could finish painting my living room. It fell and it landed and the bottom snapped and now there is no more light.

On the upside, my living room should be completely in order over the next few days. Painting is done so today I should be able to shove all the furniture back up against the walls. I'm also nearly finished with the bathroom, just need another coat on the shelves (they were pee yellow) and I'm just working on the trim in the front hall. It was also pee yellow among other things including lime green.

So, bedroom, bathroom, bird room, living room, front hall, all done, all that will be left is the kitchen which I will leave for a little bit because I didn't get the paint for it yet. I was having trouble deciding on the colour but I think I've settled on a nice green. I will post before and after pictures of my work as soon as I have everything else unpacked. I'm really pleased that the painting is getting done, it makes the house seem much cleaner and more comfortable to live in. Good news is that the furnace appears to work great. It's pretty new I think, and the thermosstat was replaced with a digital one. It can be programmed to turn on and off at different times of day too, which is something I will use when I figure out how to program it.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment