Monday, February 22, 2010

Save the children!

Sorry, that was weird. I won't do that again.

Anyway, what I mean is, Kodi will be bite free from now on. Had him to the vet today to check how his teeth are healing, and explained my bug problem. Kodi has been given a flea treatment that will prevent the bugs from biting him any more. Unfortunately the same treatment isn't approved for me.

It's only been a few days and I'm already nearing my wits end. I'm covered in itchy bites. My bedroom looks like a vacuum cleaner exploded, my walls are framed in tape. My clothes are all stored in ziplocs and trash bags, and I've cleaned my vacuum filters three times since buying the thing two weeks ago. I never even got to finish unpacking in my new home, before it was wrecked.

All told I have already spent over $300 on this issue, likely closer to $400 after you consider how high my water bill will be after washing everything I own.

There are bags of clothing in my freezer.

I don't know what, if anything, will be done. None of the neighbours are having a problem. The bugs are probabaly nesting in the walls, not in someone's bed. I still haven't found a single dead one to prove that they even exist. Bites aren't considered good enough evidence, apparently.

I'm miserable.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment